There are many ways volunteers can contribute to preserving aviation history and teaching the science of flight at the Museum. Among them are:
- Assist with daily operations including welcoming and orienting visitors to the museum, working the Reception Desk, and helping in the Gift Shop.
- Engage students with aviation history and STEM programming.
- Research and/or present lectures and other adult programs.
- Build and maintain museum exhibits.
- Assist with special events that help fund the Museum.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Free membership to the museum
- 15% discount in the gift shop
- Free admission to programs and lectures
- Opportunity to meet others interested in volunteerism, aviation, and history
- Opportunity to gain new skills
- Opportunity to share expertise
Contact us for more information.
For information about volunteering with the Prince George's County Department of Parks and Recreation visit the volunteer page. Since volunteers come in contact with children as part of their duties, all volunteers are required to undergo a criminal background check administered by Prince George’s County Parks, which oversee the Museum.